Information Collection and Use
WPV collects two types of information from Site users:
1. Personally identifiable information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, such as email and online registration and/or donation forms. Personally identifiable information means any information that may be used to identify you, including but not limited to your name, home address, telephone number, or e-mail address. The types and amount of personally identifiable information collected will vary depending on the nature of your activity on the Site and the Site service(s) you register for.
2. Non-personally identifiable information, which includes but is not limited to IP address and Site usage data. WPV collects and uses non-personally identifiable data to improve the services we offer to Site users, to measure user traffic patterns throughout the Site, to help improve Site flow and usability, to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and to discourage Site misuse.
Users of the Site are solely responsible for all messages and other material that they upload, post, email, transmit and/or otherwise make available through public forums on the Site. These forums include but are not limited to Voices Rising, Resource ExChange, Sharing Solutions, Action Alerts, Global Events, Groups and Programs and other publicly accessible forums that may be viewed and used by registered visitors to the Site. Be aware that personally identifiable information that you transmit online may be viewed and used by others. WPV is unable to control such access to and use of your personal information, and by using the Site and voluntarily disclosing such information you assume the risk that such information may be viewed and used by third parties.
Privacy of Users Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for, and WPV has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. Additionally, if you are under the age of 13 you may not submit any content or information to the Site without authorization from and supervision by your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe that your child has provided the Site with personally identifiable information you should contact WPV at email@example.com to have that information deleted from the Site. WPV will use reasonable efforts to delete said information from the Site as soon as possible following our receipt of your request.
International Visitors and Customers
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to WPV and/or the Site, and you make such transmissions solely at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
WPV will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
WPV may share your personally identifiable information with third parties:
- When we have your consent to share that information;
- When we are operating a website in partnership with the third party;
- To provide a product or service that you have requested;
- To respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- To protect and enforce our legal rights in the event that you violate the Site Terms of Service or any other guidelines or rules applicable to our services.
Additionally, WPV may freely use and disclose to our business partners and other third parties aggregated anonymous information that we gather from you and other Site users, and WPV may sell, rent and otherwise derive revenue from said disclosure, without notice or obligation to you of any kind.
Merger or Bankruptcy
If WPV should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to or merged with another entity, information WPV receives or otherwise collects from you from the Site may be transferred in connection with such bankruptcy, sale or merger.
Links to Other Sites
Editing your Personally Identifiable Information and Preferences
You may edit your personally identifiable information and preferences, including your agreement to allow WPV to send you electronic correspondence, by navigating to the "My Pulse" tab on the Site home page and then clicking the "My Account" drop-down box. From there different tabs will enable you to edit your profile and notification settings.
Contact Us/Opt Out
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about how we use your information, or would like us to delete your personally identifiable information from the Site and our records, please contact us at
Via telephone: 503.331.3900
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 503.914.1418