September 16, 2013
February 18, 2011
February 11, 2011
October 30, 2008
October 28, 2008
October 26, 2008
RAJENDRA KUMAR RANA
Warm Welcome to ARM family
ARM is a Non Government Development Organisation working for the empowerment & mainstreaming of deprived village people of North Orissa with emphasis on backward rural Women, Children and Dalit communities. Striving to establish an alternative and prosperous rural social order; this mercurial organization has projected itself as the harbinger of grassroots liberty and empowerment of Coastal North Orissa for last two decades.
Driven by a desire to lead full lives, live as members of a group doing things for themselves, their fellow beings and for the community as well, a handful of academicians, visionaries and professionals of North Balasore at Baliapal dewombed ARM unto the limelight in the 8th of March, 1989. Construed to extend a helping hand to the suffering mass against recurrent vagaries of nature (flood & cyclone) in the coastal district; the arms of ARM have been engaged since then in the empowerment and mainstreaming of socio-economically marginalized and vulnerable rural sections by viewing development as a process of increasing the personal and institutional capacities of members to mobilize and manage resources to produce sustainable and justly distributed improvement in their quality of life consistent with their own aspirations. Alternative for Rural Movement (ARM) has been registered as a voluntary development organization under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860, Income Tax Act 12 A & Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976 and organized till date over 300 Women Self Help Groups (WSGs) across 100 remote rural villages in 16 Gram Panchayats serving a population of 1, 18,748 (21376 families) of Balasore district in the state of Orissa (India).
To find out an alternative strategy of rural social intervention and facilitate the NGO movement in the state of Orissa.
Establishment of an equitable social order through motivation, facilitation and self activity among backward rural communities with emphasis on women and children in the sphere of health education, human rights, economy and rural leadership.
• Community education and capacity building
• Rural Health Management
• Women empowerment and child rights
• Poverty alleviation and economic empowerment
• Natural resource Management and environment promotion
• Disaster management and community rehabilitation
• Developmental partnership and networking
Accomplishments of ARM to date
• 315 no. of Women Self Help Groups have been formed with total 4340 no. of rural backward women availing leadership skills, legal awareness and assistance and socio economic benefit through their collective efforts.
• Monthly savings to the tune of 98.6 lacs have been generated and credit of 542 lacs been mobilized by 292 Women Self Help Group members through rural savings and credit Endeavour.
• 1318 no. of women have become self reliant through 475 rural women micro enterprise groups with our assistance under women self employment initiatives.
• Active participation of women in Gram Sabha and Palli Sabha with active participation in decision making process placing demands of their problems and issues in concern with their village ensuring equal wages.
• 67 No. of Village Health Committees have been organized in 68 remote rural villages under Safe Motherhood and Child Survival Programme.
• Maternal Mortality Rate has been reduced from112/1000 to 72/1000
• Infant Mortality Rate has been reduced from 657/100000 to 397/100000
• Total no. of children immunized to date: 6316
• 2529 no. of the innovative Nananda Bhauja Club members constituting 1320 eligible women and 1209 adolescent girls are taking care of RCH activities in 20 remote rural villages.
• Total no. of adolescent girls have been incorporated into our mainstreaming process: 560
• Scholarship support for 200 poor and meritorious children, Art/craft/dance and music based extra curricular activities for 160 talented students as well as Teachers Training for 60 primary school teachers have been extended under School Child Resource Development Centre (SCRDC) project.
• 1468 no. of children of poor and underprivileged families have got primary education through ARM Model School project intended for school dropouts and non school going children of dalit and deprived backward communities.
• School drop out rate has decreased significantly from 66 % to 12 % in this remote coastal area since we started educational intervention in 1997.
• 1895 illiterate and backward rural women have been covered under village adult women literacy drive with their empowerment and economic rehabilitation.
• 5618 no. of women and risk girls have been empowered, trained and sustainably engaged themselves in different vocational self employment activities being protected from drudgery ,child labour and women trafficking threats.
• As consequence of our regular awareness drives in health, legal and literacy the level of consciousness among villagers have developed significantly.
• 30 no. Village Development Committees have been established.
• At present 25. Farmers Clubs have been working in 25 villages in the block.
• 22 no. of village roads, 10 Km. of river side embankment have been constructed under FFCD programme
• 3 Km. irrigational Cannel has been renovated and 126 ha. of land have been irrigated round the year.
• 15 No. of village ponds have been renovated for multipurpose uses.
• Livelihood support for 1495 flood affected vulnerable community people.
• Sheltie construction of 275 units among 275 homeless.
• 4 no of HRP with 32 Toilets and 12 Tube wells.
• Extending rural health awareness, action and daily treatment of mother, children and sick people from 16 villages (population-19638) through organization’s PHC under National Rural Health Mission.
• We have got recognition from the Govt. of Orissa Ministry of Women and Child Development as best Facilitator in the District of Balasore.
• We have been received Certificate of Appreciation towards our excellent contribution in Women Empowerment Activities in the district of Balasore for the Year 2007-08
ALTERNATIVE FOR RURAL MOVEMENT(ARM)
www.armngo.org , www. armngo.com