January 23, 2012
May 17, 2010
May 5, 2010
April 27, 2010
April 20, 2010
February 24, 2010
Peace X Peace
A rapidly growing international organization with women-focused e-media, fresh analysis, and from-the-frontlines perspectives. We engage, connect, and amplify women's voices as the most direct and powerful ways to create cultures of peace around the world.
We contribute to cultures of harmony, cross-cultural understanding, and substantive peace by:
• Engaging individuals in creative and critical thinking as they share diverse perspectives and act together for peace,
• Informing policymakers and the public about women’s distinctive experiences and peacebuilding accomplishments,
• Inspiring inner peace as the foundation for informed action and global transformation, and
• Amplifying the voices of women and others who have been historically disregarded to shift decisions about war, peace, and the allocation of resources.
Peace X Peace and its members have identified eight requirements for thriving communities. We call them the Pillars of Peace. Each of the Pillars is an essential component of a culture that embodies values, attitudes, choices, modes of behavior, and ways of life that will ultimately lead to sustainable peace. The Pillars of Peace are:
• Conflict Transformation
• Cross-cultural Understanding
• Economic Empowerment
• Environmental Sustainability
• Health and Well-being
• Interfaith Dialogue
• Justice and Good Governance
Peace X Peace believes that shared effort to strengthen all the Pillars, with women’s leadership and active engagement, is vital to achieve sustainable peace.