March 13, 2014
February 27, 2014
February 4, 2014
February 2, 2014
December 6, 2013
The Red Elephant Foundation is an initiative that is built on the foundations of story-telling, civilian peacebuilding and activism for women and girls. The initiative is titled "Red Elephant" to stand out as a vehicle that projects stories that must never be forgotten: stories that show you such courage that you should never forget, and stories that show the world such profound lessons that the world should never forget. In doing so, the initiative aims at creating awareness and opening up channels of communication towards creating societies of tolerance, peacebuilding and equality.
The mission of the Red Elephant Foundation is:
- To be the voice of women and girls all over the world by telling their stories
- To be a conduit for awareness of challenges faced by women and girls in all social contexts
- To be a change-making organisation that serves to transform mindsets towards women and girls
- To encourage girls and women to be change-makers
- To encourage schools and educational institutions to include a gender sensitivity component by encouraging men and women to celebrate their diversities by beginning to respect them at first.
- To encourage governments and policy-makers to draft and implement law and policy through a gender-mainstreamed lens to serve men and women in keeping with the needs specific to their gender
- To inspire peace through dialogue, awareness and inspiration.
The overarching goal of the Red Elephant Foundation is to be a bridge between the empowered and the yet-to-be-empowered women and girls in society. The initiative perceives empowerment as a state of mind where a woman or a girl is sovereign over her mind and body, and by extension, is the maker of her destiny. The Red Elephant Foundation hopes to catalyse the creation of an achievement-oriented future for every girl and woman who signs up to be touched by its work.