February 17, 2009
February 12, 2009
Consequences of Early Marriages: It is high time for parents and other stakeholders to think and revise their cultural and family norms. The early marriages for the girls should be discouraged at every level of the society. The consequences of the issue are briefly discussed below:
• The extreme adverse physical and emotional impacts of such marriages are that victim girls wanted to either die or flee from there.
• If a young girl gets married in her quite early age carries many health hazards like poor reproductive health due to increased pregnancies, therefore chances of death become double.
• The poor young poor girls cannot get proper education, cannot even get the opportunity to learn the domestic work/skills........especially when the expectations of in-laws are quite high then domestic problems are started......consequently end up with early divorce.
• The expert also notes that with a big age difference, the chances of becoming a widow at a younger age is more likely.
• Psychological theories reveal that most of us develop a primary relationship with someone who is within three years of our own age. In our urban society, now the acceptance has been developed for young couples; on contrary in rural or slum areas the situation remains the same where the female is considered as a child-producing machine or a sex-tool.
• A majority of people in the rural areas are unaware of the importance of an educated mother. Instead of providing education to their daughters, they want to get rid of them as soon as possible by marrying them to even men of their fathers' age.
so we want jointly work with world pules