July 18, 2011
October 9, 2010
August 21, 2010
Aigbe Omoruyi Austin
My desire is to improve my professional career in the Non State Sector with a dynamic Organization that value hard work and interpersonal character in line with management policy and to work with dynamic members of staff to achieving the Organizational objective with due regards to the mission statement (s)
Participated alongside with relevant institutions in the design and review of Development Plans/Policies, viz are:
- UNFPA Review of the 6th Country Programme of Assistance to Nigeria.
- Edo State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (Edo SEEDS)
- Local Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (LEEDS)
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research capacity building plan for Edo State
- Nigeria Niger/Delta Master Plan
- Edo HIV/AIDS State Strategic Plan and State Strategic framework
- The Child Rights Act
- National Gender policy
- Law prohibiting Stigma and Discrimination of Persons Living with HIV/AIDS in Edo State
- Public Procurement Act
• Conflict Resolution and Peace Management – By United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
• Environment Profile Techniques – By UNITAR
• Participatory Rural Appraisal and Participatory Learning Approach (PRA/PLA) – By European Union Micro Project Programme in Six States (EU/MPP6)
• Financial Management Strategy –By EU/MPP6
• Leadership Skill Building – By UNDP
• Preventive Intervention/ Mitigation of Impact of HIV/AIDS – By National Project Team of National Action Committee on AIDS (NPT/NACA)
• Project Development and Management Skill – By International Fund for Agricultural Development and the Community Based Natural Resource
• Management Programme (IFAD/ CBNRMP)
• Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA) – (IFAD/CBNRMP)
• Proposal Development Techniques – By EU/MPP6
• Gender Analysis and Mainstreaming Techniques – Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and the Institute for Gender Studies UI.
• HIV/AIDS Mainstreaming Techniques – By Civil Society for HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (CiSHAN) with support from the Global Fund
• Palliative Home Based Care for HIV/AIDS Clients – By Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) and CiSHAN
• Community Tuberculosis DOT – By Christian Association of Nigeria (CHAN) with Support from the Global Fund
• Professional Writing Skills –By Edo State Local Government Service Commission
• Scenario Building Capacity and Simulation Exercise - By Africa Leadership Forum, (ALF) Ota- Nigeria, 2009.
• NNRIMS – DHIS Database Installation Capacity by National Agency for the Control of AIDS.
• Tools for the implementation of Niger/Delta Regional Master Plan - NDDC
- Ability to effectively manage projects end to end from initiation to closing.
- Good administrative and ability to gather and documents users requirements
- Very good communication and presentation skills, also proficient in English language, pidgin English, and Edo.
- Excellent organizational and planning.
- Ability to control group situations and facilitate groups.
- Excellent Presentation and Time management skills.
- Out of the box thinking and ability to take initiatives and manage challenges effectively
Learning developmental ideals, Reading and Thinking, etc.