April 2, 2010
March 31, 2010
Ayamba Fidelis Winiman
My passion for humanity has always been my source of motivation. In that, I wish to put out my possible best to assist community members of villages located in the poorest Regions of Ghana. It is in this view that I decided to pursue my tertiary education in a university that had rural community research opportunities. This led me to offer BSc in Mathematical Science (Mathematics option) in the Faculty of Applied Sciences, University for Development Studies, Navrongo-Campus. As part of my undergraduate studies, the university organised a research on rural development in the third trimester of three academic years (2003/2004-2005/2006). This however exposed me to real problems that the community members of Nyorigu (the village I conducted research) were faced. Also it was realised that there were several development potentials, strengths, opportunities and as well weaknesses and threats in this community.
With regard to the above,I in consultation with two other people shared ideas and decided to form and register Intervention for Development Foundation (INTERDEV-Ghana) a non-profit community based organisation in Ghana that focuses on the development of the entire populace of communities. We currently operate with a director, a project coordinator, three field workers, two information technology personnel’s and a secretary who are currently all working with the following objectives to achieve the mission of INTERDEV-Ghana.
The main objective of INTERDEV-Ghana is :
• To empower vulnerable and underprivileged folks in communities
The specific objectives are:
• To enable rural community members develop their potentials
• To curb rural-urban migration
• To liaise with Government Agencies, Non-Governmental Organisations, International Organisations, Stakeholders and Individuals to aid rural community development.
• To improve the small scale industries of especially female in the community.