May 5, 2013
April 16, 2013
April 13, 2013
April 4, 2013
April 1, 2013
March 31, 2013
March 30, 2013
March 29, 2013
March 26, 2013
Advocate for women and children's rights
* General Secretary, World YWCA.
The YWCA has a presence in 125 countries, 22,000 communities and reaches 25 million women and girls. http://www.worldywca.org/.
The World YWCA develops the leadership of women and girls for collective action towards peace, justice, human dignity and care for the environment.
* Founder and Chairperson, Rozaria Memorial Trust
RMT was established in honour of the late (granny) Rozaria Marumisa Dizha, a community leader care-giver and role model. RMT supports community community innovations in health, education and entreprenuership, in Zimbabwe
* Member of the UN Civil Society Advisory Group on Women, Peace and Security, chaired by Mary Robinson and Bineta Diop.
* Member of the Board of Directorf for various organisations including of ActionAid International, Save the Children-UK; CIVICUS and Gender@Work.
* Served as Member of the World Bank Advisory Group on Women's Economic Empowerment. Task Force member for the Interfaith Action Network.
* Member of the African Women Leaders Network on Sexual and Reproductive Health.
* Member of the UN Commission on Information and Accountability for Maternal and Child Health
* Received two awards in 2011:
- The "Women's Human Rights Defender Award", by the Zimbabwe Women Lawyers Association
- The "Women Leaderships for Peacebuilding Award" by Femme Afrique Solidaritae
* Received the 2012 International Minerva Award for the in recognition of over 20 years of work on women's human rights.
* Recieved 2012 TNGO Fellowship, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
* Goodwill Ambassador for the Zimbabwe Rural schools Library Trust