Monitoring and Evaluation: A How-To Handbook for Grassroots Women's Organizations
In this eye-opening, insightful guide produced by the Huairou Commission, grassroots women organizations can learn the best ways to approach Monitoring and Evaluation for their programs and projects.
Table of Contents
1. M&E: Why it matters to Grassroots Women
2. Understanding Monitoring and Evaluation
3. The M&E Plan (Log-Frame Approach)
- Who will use the information collected?
- Who will participate in monitoring and evaluation activities?
- When should monitoring and evaluation take place?
- What are 'good principles' of monitoring and evaluation?
4. Gathering the Information
- What are good indicators?
- Quantitative and Qualitative information
5. Tools and Methods
- Timeline, SWOT and Spokes
- Tools: assessing outcomes-- interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Visual information
- Monitoring and evaluating outcomes
- 'Most Significant Change'
- Monitoring and evaluating outputs
- The Bus Journey
- Mechanisms and platforms to share lessons
6. Resources and Glossary