Voices of Our Future 2013
A Citizen Journalism and Digital Empowerment Program
Our 2013 Application Process ended on April 30th. Check back soon to see who was selected to be our 2013 Voices of Our Future Correspondents!
Click here to read the Assignments of the Voices of Our Future Applicants
"This program has confirmed what I already know - women need to speak out -- or shout out - because we do have so much to say. We just need to give ourselves a chance. VOF has allowed me to give myself that chance.” Noreens, 2012 World Pulse Correspondent, Palestine
Voices of Our Future is fostering a new generation of empowered grassroots women leaders with the skills they need to share their stories and innovative solutions with the world.
World Pulse partners with the Global Press Institute, OpEd Project to deliver rigorous training in citizen journalism and digital empowerment. Each program participant is paired with a personal editor to help hone her unique voice and a personal mentor to help her map out and implement her vision for change.
During the month-long application process, women from around the world receive learning materials via our online classroom introducing them to the frontiers of citizen journalism and women’s empowerment. We ask them to complete four short writing assignments, which are evaluated by our volunteer Listeners and staff. We then invite 30 of those women to join our six month training program starting in June.
“Being connected to this amazing and dynamic group of women, World Pulse staff, mentor and editor, gave me a new sense of purpose, direction and drive.” - Marinieves Alba, 2012 VOF Correspondent, United States
Benefits of the full program include:
- Citizen journalism and digital empowerment training by renowned experts, including program partners The Global Press Institute and The Op-Ed Project
- Personal mentoring sessions and support from a Vision Mentor
- An Editorial Mentor to help hone your unique voice
- Opportunities for publication through World Pulse and partner media organizations
- Opportunities to connect with grassroots women leaders from around the globe
- Increased visibility for issues and challenges faced by you and your community
In the last two years, over 1,700 women from 140 countries have applied.
Please read our Program Rules here.