August 2, 2009
June 29, 2009
April 7, 2009
WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT:
In a country rife with dichotomies—affluence beside poverty, natural beauty facing urban expansion, and borders against borders—The Café México offers a space to discuss the issues that impact your daily lives and to dialogue about ideas and solutions for the future. As drug violence spreads throughout Mexico and across the border to the United States, we offer this group to both challenge and expand upon the images portrayed by mainstream media and spotlight the unheard voices of women leaders and changemakers from Mexico, as well as those who support them. We invite you to share your personal experiences, thoughts, and visions for the future of your country and her people.
WHERE TO START:
This group offers a collaborative and safe discussion forum for you to share your thoughts, ideas, struggles, and emotions surrounding Mexico. We invite you to speak about the issues and obstacles women are facing in your communities, and to share the solutions we are all working towards together.
The following questions can help you get started:
• What are some of your personal experiences as a woman from Mexico?
• How have you fueled your cause to incite change for your country and her people?
• What would you like the world to know about your homeland?
• What is your vision for the future of your country?
• Do you feel you face special challenges a woman in Mexico? If so, what are these challenges?
• What do you feel are the biggest misconceptions about your country?
• What are the greatest rewards in your work, and what inspires you to continue in this work?
• What advice do you have for other women embarking on a similar journey?
There's no right way to contribute! Use this space to share your stories, post an introduction, a photo, or information about your organization—whatever you'd like!
SPREAD THE WORD:
Encourage those around you to let their voices be heard as well! Use the "Share This" feature to invite your friends and colleagues. Be sure to check back with the group to keep the conversation going!