November 21, 2013
November 20, 2013
November 14, 2013
November 4, 2013
October 28, 2013
October 25, 2013
October 22, 2013
October 19, 2013
2013 Voices of Our Future Correspondents, Vision Mentors and Editorial Mentors
Begin the Journey. Join hands with 30 inspirational grassroots women leaders from around the globe!
Welcome 2013 Voices of Our Future Correspondents
We are so excited to welcome you into our fourth annual training program on citizen journalism and digital empowerment. Your vision and leadership inspired us and we believe in your ability to create impact for your community and women all over the globe. We believe that you have what it takes to bring the untold stories and solutions of your communities to a global audience.
The next five months are going to be a time of incredible growth and empowerment. You will be connecting with 30 other amazing grassroots women leaders from countries around the world. You will also be connecting with your Mentors and become part of a strong Triad! This Group is meant to be a safe space to connect all of you, Correspondents and Mentors, so do not hesitate to start communicating!
Welcome Mentors to the Voices of Our Future training program. As women who have committed your time, passion and enthusiasm to providing guidance to the 2013 Voices of Our Future Correspondents, we thank you. Your contribution will help these amazing women overcome the challenges they face to completing this program and achieving their personal visions for change! You are part of the dynamic team which will make this year a success.
This group provides a space for you to access information, exchange ideas and support each other throughout the five-month long journey. Please feel free to contribute your perspectives, write about your experience as a Vision Mentor or Editorial Mentors and pose questions to the group. To help us keep this group effective and focused, please only post items which are related to the program. Any non-program stories (which we would love to hear) should be posted to your personal journal.
Our heartfelt thanks for your contribution to the 2013 Voices of Our Future program.
- June 10th 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM, or June 11th 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Correspondent Training Calls
- June 1st – 16th: Connecting with your Mentors—phone call to introduce yourself.
- June 17th: Training program officially starts: Launch of Module 1 (Interview and a Profile)
- June 24th 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, or June 25th 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Module 1 Questions and Answers Calls
- July 15th: Correspondents Module 1 assignment is due
- July 15th: Module 2 starts (Frontline Journal)
- July 22nd 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, or July 23rd 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Module 2 Questions and Answers Calls
- August 12th: Module 2 Assignment due
- August 12th: Module 3 starts (Op. Ed)
- August 19th 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, or August 20th 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Module 3 Questions and Answers Calls
- September 9th: Module 3 Assignment due
- September 9th: Module 4 starts (Video) SPECIAL NOTE: This is a 6 week module
- September 16th 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, or September 17th 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Module 4 Questions and Answers Calls- Ethics and Safety and Security
- September 23rd 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM, or September 24th 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Module 4 Questions and Answers Calls- Content and Technology
- October 21st: Module 4 assignment due
- October 21st: Module 5 starts (Each One Teach Five)
- October 28th 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, or October 15th 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Module 5 Questions and Answers Calls
- November 11th: Training Program officially ends
To visit the Voices of Our Future Classroom, click here
To visit the Voices of Our Future Applicants group and read about the 570+ women who have applied for the program, click here.
To join the Voices of Our Future Correspondents Network and connect with alumni of the program, click here
To learn more about World Pulse, go to our World Pulse Getting Started Guide.