March 3, 2012
April 12, 2011
July 12, 2010
June 25, 2010
August 26, 2009
August 5, 2009
August 4, 2009
August 2, 2009
August 1, 2009
July 1, 2009
The Pakistan Cafe
WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT:
Particularly in the current political context, Pakistan is increasingly at the forefront of headlining news, which has shrouded the country in an image of corruption, violence, and suffering. Now, with global tensions at an all time high, we offer the Pakistan Cafe as a platform to spotlight the unheard voices of women leaders and changemakers, as well as those who support them. This group is an invitation to share your personal experiences, recommendations, and visions for the future of your country and her people.
WHERE TO START:
This group offers a collaborative and safe discussion forum for you to share your thoughts, ideas, struggles, and emotions surrounding Pakistan. We invite you to speak about the issues and obstacles women are facing in your communities, and to share the solutions we are all working towards together.
The following questions can help you get started:
• What are some of your personal experiences as a woman from Pakistan?
• How have you fueled your cause to incite change for your country and her people?
• What would you like the world to know about your homeland?
• What is your vision for the future of your country?
• Do you feel you face special challenges a woman in Pakistan? If so, what are these challenges?
• What do you feel are the biggest misconceptions about your country?
• What are the greatest rewards in your work, and what inspires you to continue in this work?
• What advice do you have for other women embarking on a similar journey?
There's no right way to contribute! Use this space to share your stories, post an introduction, a photo, or information about your organization—whatever you'd like!
SPREAD THE WORD:
Encourage those around you to let their voices be heard as well! Use the "Invite" tab to send email invitations to your friends and colleagues. Be sure to check back with the group to keep the conversation going!