December 2, 2013
I work with migrant women and children and it is more than ten years that I am dealing with the topic of migration and immigration.
This site's aim is to create a space where you can write about your story as a migrant, about your hopes, dreams, challenges, difficulties, lessons learned and whatever you would like to share with us. It should represent a help for those who plan to emigrate from their homecountries, raise awareness for reality abroad and give the chance to exchange experience. For us it is a possibility to understand the wide range and various facettes of legal/illegal, forced or voluntary migration and create opportunities to better conditions in people's homecountries or abroad.
So feel free, as well anonymously, to tell YOUR STORY because we want to hear YOUR VOICE concerning migration:
* reasons for migration
* difficulties, struggles of migration (travel, unsafety, exploitation, etc.)
* expectations, dreams, hopes before leaving your native country and when arriving in a new country
* dreams versus reality
* legal aspects of migration, the narrow line between legality/illegality, burocracy
* acceptance and integration
* how where you seen as a migrant in your homecountry?
* personal and cultural identity in a new country and in the homecountry
* lessons learned
* a foreigner in a foreign land and a foreigner in your homecountry?
* returning home: and what awaits you?
Everything related to this topic is well accepted and appreciated.
If you do not want to write, use other means you like to express yourself. Be creative and step out of the dark.