January 25, 2011
October 19, 2010
October 18, 2010
October 15, 2010
October 13, 2010
October 12, 2010
October 11, 2010
October 7, 2010
October 6, 2010
October 4, 2010
Voices of Our Future 2010 Listeners
This is a closed group for Voices of Our Future Listeners only. Please feel free to explore, though. If you are interested in volunteering as a Listener, please visit our Opportunities Page for more information.
Welcome Voices of Our Future Listeners!
The journey has begun. On September 15th, women from around the world will begin the application process to become part of Voices of Our Future, where they will learn how to use the tools that can promote their voices and their visions. Your commitment to listening to their stories and helping World Pulse chose the most outstanding 30 applicants is invaluable.
This group page is designed to be your one-stop shopping for everything you will need to be a Listener. Below is a review of the criteria and commitments for Listeners, a review of the criteria we use to select the 30 Correspondents, and instructions for evaluating applicants’ assignments.
Your primary mandate as Listeners is to witness and support VOICE in the myriad of forms it will come. We thank you for taking this journey with us. Prepare to be amazed, humbled and inspired!
Criteria and Commitments for Listeners:
- Regular and reliable access to the Internet
- Ability to devote 2-3 hours per week to reading and evaluating assignments for a four week period from the 15th of September to the 17th of October
- Provide supportive, constructive comments on applicant’s assignments on PulseWire
- Willingness to become an open, insightful and encouraging member of our global network of women
*We will also be providing two, one-hour Q&A sessions to answer any questions you might have about the process of being a Listener, during the first week of September. This session is for your benefit, and is not required.
To be selected by World Pulse as a Correspondent, Applicants’ writing must:
- Demonstrate leadership on a personal, community, national or global level.
- Be in line with World Pulse’s mission and values to promote global issues through the eyes of women.
- Demonstrate first person experience:
- As an underrepresented voice in their community, nation or world; or
- Living in a developing country or conflict zone; or
- Facing discrimination on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race or social class.
- Be solutions oriented and demonstrate a positive vision for the future.
To review the full competition rules, click HERE.
Instructions for evaluating weekly assignments:
1. Access the weekly list of assignments. (Tabs for each week at the top of the page). A direct link to this document will be emailed to you. Please do not share this link with any non-Listeners!
2. Scroll down to find your name in the left hand column. Listeners are listed alphabetically.
3. Scroll to the right to view all of your assignments for the week. You should have approximately 10-15 assignments per week depending on the number of applicants we receive. We need you to complete all of these evaluations on time. If you run into any difficulty, and might not be able to complete them by the due date, please contact scott@worldpulse so that we may arrange for someone else to review.
4. Click on the URLs in the "links" column. This should open a new window for you. If not, we recommend that you open a new window, copy each URL and paste it into the address field of that window.
5. Read the assignment.
6. Complete the Evaluation form. A direct link to this form will be emailed to you. Please do not share this link with any non-Listeners!
*If you have not received this email, please email email@example.com
Please make sure you only review the assignments next to your name. You are more than welcome to post comments on other assignments, but we want to ensure that applicants get the same number of reviews across the board.
7. Post a constructive comment on the applicants' assignments on their PulseWire Journals.
8. Questions? Check our List of Frequently Asked Questions. We are continuously updating this document. However, if you do not see what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to post your question to this group or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|15 September 2010||VOF application process begins|
|21 September 2010||Applicant's Week 1 Assignment due|
|28 September 2010||Listener's review of all Week 1 Assignments due|
|28 September 2010||Applicant's Week 2 Assignment due|
|05 October 2010||Listener's review of all Week 2 Assignments due|
|05 October 2010||Applicant's Week 3 Assignment due|
|12 October 2010||Listener's review of all Week 3 Assignments due|
|12 October 2010||Applicant's Week 4 Assignment due|
|17 October 2010||Listeners review of all Week 4 Assignments due|
You will be able to review these assignments within one day of the applicants' due date. Please note, you have approximately a week to review all Assignments except for in Week 4.
In Spirited Partnership,
The Voices of Our FutureTeam