January 29, 2011
December 14, 2010
October 26, 2010
June 17, 2010
May 10, 2010
March 31, 2010
Opportunity Collaboration Fellowship
Are you a social entrepreneur or non-profit leader? Does your work focus on empowering women and alleviating poverty? Are you looking to take your leadership to the next level?
In partnership with Opportunity Collaboration and in honor of International Women's Day, World Pulse invites you to apply for the Cordes Foundation Fellowship. This fellowship provides a PulseWire member with the opportunity to participate as a Delegate in the Opportunity Collaboration.
Opportunity Collaboration is a four-day strategic and problem-solving retreat for nonprofit leaders, for-profit social entrepreneurs, funders and social investors. The aim is to break down the silos of unproductive competition and go beyond the boundaries of conventional poverty alleviation. The retreat takes place, October 15-20, 2010 in Ixtapa, Mexico
Fellows participate fully in all aspects of the Opportunity Collaboration. In addition, Fellows may earn a certificate of completion awarded by the University of the Pacific Global Center for Social Entrepreneurship. This on-site professional training symposium covers areas critical to the success of organizations and individuals creating social impact and combating poverty. The curriculum is designed in partnership with the Fellows and other Opportunity Collaboration Delegates.
Eligibility Criteria - Who Can Apply?
*** Note the Deadline has Passed
- Non-Profit Leaders and Social Entrepreneurs with a demonstrated commitment to gender economic justice and alleviating poverty through women empowerment initiatives, either domestically or internationally and with a current leadership position in their organization. Like all delegates, you are a catalytic leader who by your actions and accomplishments, evidence pragmatic vision, passionate tenacity, multi-sectoral thinking, adaptive leadership skills, non-ideological activism, and a strong ethical grounding.
- High aptitude women with the potential to leverage and benefit from attendance at the Opportunity Collaboration, including the ability to effectively network with seasoned change-makers and connect to potential partners to help grow your ideas and scale your ventures.
- Theme: Empowering women in your community as a means to ending poverty.
- Apply: Write an essay (400-700 words) that describes your work as related to the theme. Be sure to include your organization's name and mission, and also share a true success story that demonstrates your organization's accomplishments. If your organization has a website, include the URL (web address) here as well.
- Join PulseWire: Join our community of grassroots women leaders from over 140 countries. Fill out your profile, upload a picture and introduce yourself to the community. Register now!
- Join the Group: Become a member of this group and post your essay in the Group Journal by clicking on the "Contribute" tab above. To be considered for application, you must post your essay in the Group Journal and not your Personal Journal. We will also use this group to make announcements and answer questions. Feel free to support your community members by commenting on each other's essays as well!
- Final Selections and Further Submission of Materials: World Pulse will choose three candidates for a final selection by the committee at Opportunity Collaboration and a final fellowship grantee will be awarded. If you are chosen as a final candidate, you will be asked to additionally submit a personal resume and references.
Extended! Submit your essay between now and March 31. All essays must be submitted in the Group Journal by 11:59pm, PST on March 31, 2010.
Fellowship Terms and Conditions
- Cordes Fellows selected from non-OECD countries receive a $4,750.00 full scholarship, and pay no registration fee. Fellows from OECD countries receive a $4,000.00 scholarship, and pay a $750.00 registration fee.
- The all-inclusive Fellowship includes all on-site costs for housing and meals (5 nights lodging, 3 meals per day), gratuities, airport shuttle, etc. All Delegates and Fellows are responsible for their own airfare.
- Fellows are required to attend the full Opportunity Collaboration in Ixtapa, Mexico, arriving October 15, 2010 and departing October 20, 2010.
Not Eligible? We encourage you to participate in the Action Blogging Campaign - International Women's Day!