March 10, 2011
March 4, 2011
September 21, 2010
September 17, 2010
September 5, 2010
September 1, 2010
August 31, 2010
July 15, 2010
June 23, 2010
The Zimbabwe Café
WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT:
Zimbabwe, home to one of the natural wonders of the world and some of the region's most vibrant wildlife and wilderness, has fallen in recent months to an exemplar failure in the public eye as political corruption, economic turmoil and public health crises have paralyzed the nation and swept mainstream media headlines. To offer a more complete and comprehensive picture of Zimbabwe's rich and dynamic past, present and future, The Zimbabwe Café aims to spotlight the unheard voices of women leaders and changemakers from Zimbabwe and all those who support them. We invite you to share your personal experiences, thoughts, and visions for the future of your country and her people.
WHERE TO START:
This group offers a collaborative and safe discussion forum for you to share your thoughts, ideas, struggles, and emotions surrounding Zimbabwe. We invite you to speak about the issues and obstacles women are facing in your communities, and to share the solutions we are all working towards together.
The following questions can help you get started:
• What are some of your personal experiences as a woman from Zimbabwe?
• What would you like the world to know about your homeland?
• What is your vision for the future of your country?
• Do you feel you face special challenges a woman in Zimbabwe? If so, what are these challenges?
• Where are women in Zimbabwe making the most progress? What are the obstacles to this progress?
• What do you feel are the biggest misconceptions about your country?
• What can the international community do to support Zimbabwe’s people? What do you wan the international community to know about Zimbabwe?
• What are the greatest rewards in your work, and what inspires you to continue in this work?
• What advice do you have for other women embarking on a similar journey?
• Where do you see the greatest hope for your country and fellow women?
There's no right way to contribute! Use this space to share your stories, post an introduction, a photo, or information about your organization—whatever you'd like!
SPREAD THE WORD:
Encourage those around you to let their voices be heard as well! Use the "Share This" feature to invite your friends and colleagues. Be sure to check back with the group to keep the conversation going!