April 16, 2013
August 11, 2009
August 9, 2009
August 6, 2009
August 4, 2009
August 1, 2009
July 29, 2009
July 22, 2009
July 21, 2009
The Iran Café
WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT:
Far too many on the outside, particularly in the United States, have viewed Iran and the situation of Iranian women as bleak, and often in the shadow of negativity and condemnation. We offer The Iran Café as a platform to challenge the preconceptions and misconceptions that people may hold, and to allow for discussion and dialogue to yield a more complete, complex and rich portrait of Iran and her people. To stretch the boundaries of the imagery and ideology portrayed in mainstream media, this group aims to spotlight the unheard voices of women leaders and changemakers from Iran and all those who support them. We invite you to share your personal experiences, thoughts, and visions for the future of your country and her people.
WHERE TO START:
This group offers a collaborative and safe discussion forum for you to share your thoughts, ideas, struggles, and emotions surrounding Iran's dynamic and often paradoxical history, present and future. We invite you to speak about the issues and obstacles women are facing in your communities, and to share the solutions we are all working towards together.
The following questions can help you get started:
• What are some of your personal experiences as a woman from Iran?
• How have you fueled your cause to incite change for your country and her people?
• What would you like the world to know about your homeland?
• What is your vision for the future of your country?
• Do you feel you face special challenges a woman in Iran? If so, what are these challenges?
• Where are women in Iran making the most progress? What are the obstacles to this progress? What are the signs of hope?
• What do you feel are the biggest misconceptions about your country?
• What do you—and/or women and women’s groups that you are involved in—advise U.S. President Obama to do in terms of U.S./Iran relations?
• What can the international community do to support Iran’s people? What do you wan the international community to know about Iran?
• What are the greatest rewards in your work, and what inspires you to continue in this work?
• What advice do you have for other women embarking on a similar journey?
• Where do you see the greatest hope for your country?
There's no right way to contribute! Use this space to share your stories, post an introduction, a photo, or information about your organization—whatever you'd like!
SPREAD THE WORD:
Encourage those around you to let their voices be heard as well! Use the "Share This" feature to invite your friends and colleagues. Be sure to check back with the group to keep the conversation going!