Offer: JOB OPPORTUNITY
Position: Product Manager, Consumer Applications
Location: San Francisco, CA – Downtown/Mission District
Job Type: Full time with salary plus benefits.
Named as one of the top ideas in 2006 by the New York Times Magazine, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first person-to-person lending marketplace for the poor. Kiva's goal is to reduce global poverty by letting consumers lend to and connect with a specific entrepreneur online. In a little over a year, Kiva has rapidly grown to connect almost 300,000 Internet lenders to thousands of entrepreneurs in 40 developing countries. Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva is a 501(c)3 non-profit internet start-up that has a rare opportunity for dramatic growth and profound systemic impact. Join us at www.kiva.org.
Kiva is seeking an enthusiastic, seasoned Product Manager to guide the lender experience of the world's leading micro-lending marketplace. You will bring your experience and excitement for consumer web applications and apply everything you know to help Kiva reach its potential to the fullest. We really are changing the world, one person and one loan at a time.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Own the product and lender experience for www.kiva.org, the most widely recognized person-to-person microfinance site on the web today
• Provide product leadership, and translate that vision into a concrete roadmap (ideas --> plan)
• Work with all parts of our dynamic organization to develop comprehensive specs and wireframes
(ideas --> prototypes)
• Be the advocate for the user, in all contexts
• Work intimately with the engineers, providing constant feedback (plans & prototypes --> finished
• Manage feature prioritization and release schedule
• Oversee QA efforts and work with Customer Service team to ensure smooth rollout of new features
• Define, measure and analyze metrics, to further iterate based on user behavior
• Be responsible for the entire life-cycle of the product
• Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential!
• Repeated, demonstrable experience delivering superior consumer internet products, with the
• Viral user growth through referrals and network effects
• Online communities that keep users engaged and coming back
• E-commerce transactions (checkout flows, conversion rates, and merchandising)
• Strong execution orientation. Proven ability to get quality products to market.
• Visually oriented. Balance a coder's eye for detail with an artist's eye for aesthetic beauty.
• Natural leadership skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• A quick study, able to grasp business and technology issues.
• Hands-on: able to pitch in and implement changes where appropriate.
• Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick
• 3-7 years product management experience.
• Four-year degree in a technical field preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
• Generous benefits, including health insurance and 401(k) plan with company match
• Flexible work environment, but must live in Bay Area and work out of San Francisco office
• Knowing that you're helping to change the world for the better
• Send email to email@example.com. Include in the Subject Line: Product Manager, Consumer Applications
• Include resume and brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested / qualified
• Please do not contact the office directly with any questions or follow-up inquiries
Due to the high numbers of applicants for this position, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.