Offer: JOB OPPORTUNITY
Position: Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA – Downtown/Mission District
Job Type: Full time with salary plus benefits.
Named as one of the top ideas in 2006 by the New York Times Magazine, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first person-to-person lending marketplace for the poor. Kiva's goal is to reduce global poverty by letting consumers lend to and connect with a specific entrepreneur online. In a little over a year, Kiva has rapidly grown to connect almost 300,000 Internet lenders to thousands of entrepreneurs in 40 developing countries. Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva is a 501(c)3 non-profit internet start-up that has a rare opportunity for dramatic growth and profound systemic impact. Join us at www.kiva.org.
Kiva is seeking an enthusiastic, sharp software engineer to join our rapidly growing team full-time, and help us change the world even faster.
• Build new functionality for our website
• Collaborate with business owners and other engineers to find solutions
• Write efficient and maintainable code
• Testing (both manual and automated test suites)
• Participate in design process, prototype new functionality
• Anything else that Kiva needs to get done!
• 1-3 years experience in web development (Java/Perl/Python/Ruby), PHP preferred
• Must know SQL and be familiar with MySQL
• Experience with full LAMP stack
• Experience with MVC frameworks
• Experience with agile development processes
• Solid track record of execution (got-it-done)
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• Passionate about Kiva and our potential
Compensation & Benefits
• Generous benefits, including health insurance and 401(k) plan with company match
• Flexible work environment, but must live in Bay Area and work out of San Francisco office
• Send email to email@example.com. Include in the Subject Line: Software Engineer
• Include resume and brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested / qualified
• Please do not contact the office directly with any questions or follow-up inquiries
• Principals only
Due to the high numbers of applicants for this position, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.