Offer: Mama Cash Fund Call for Proposals - Land, Property, Inheritance Rights
Mama Cash accepts proposals for funding from women’s rights groups that work on natural resource rights, and/or on issues of land, property and inheritance rights. Mama Cash also welcomes applications of groups of girls and trans people in line with our selection criteria.
Proposals must be received by 1 July 2014.
What work can we support?
We accept proposals for funding from women’s groups that work on:
· Women’s inheritance rights
· Women’s land and property rights
· Women’s right to water and/or other natural resources
· Women’s right to food security
· Land grabbing
· Countering the negative impact of extractive industries on (Indigenous) people’s land and resources and on the environment
· Countering the negative impact of large-scale development projects, for example those related to infrastructure or agro-business
· Increasing women’s decision-making in matters of land, property and inheritance
· Increasing women’s decision-making in matters of natural resource management
Groups working on these issues may use different strategies, such as advocacy, capacity building, public education or alliance forming across movements. Mama Cash cannot support groups whose main strategies are income-generating activities, micro-credit programmes, academic research, or social and health care service provision.
Mama Cash funding can be used to cover core costs of organisations (for example office rent, salaries, volunteer stipends and staff training). Activities or project costs can also be part of a Mama Cash grant. Mama Cash priorities organisations with annual operating budgets under 200,000 euros.
Who can we support?
Mama Cash supports organisations and initiatives (not individuals or businesses) that:
· Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of one of their programmes
· Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
· Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
· Are not based in the United States or Canada
· Push for structural and fundamental change
· Want to grow in influence, power, and/or scale in order to implement their long-term strategy for achieving the structural change they wish to make happen
· Have politics and practices that are inclusive and foster alliances with women, girls and/or trans people at the margins of societies and movements
· Are connected to other organisations in women’s rights and/or other social justice movements
More elaborate information on our criteria and on what we do and do not fund is available from our website.
How can you apply?
Your organisation or group can fill in the Mama Cash Letter of Interest (LOI) form. This form is available in six languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese, and Dutch. The attachments to this message contain the same LOI form in each of these six languages.
Send your filled LOI form in any of these languages to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 July 2014. All applicants will receive Mama Cash’s reply to their proposal by 1 September 2014.
Do you have further questions before you decide whether to apply or not? Please contact us via