Offer: Executive Director – Fundraising, Communications & External Relations (CARE India) - New Delhi, India - Apply by 10 Mar 2014
Qualifications & Experience
· Significant leadership of high performance fundraising teams, within Indian and/or regional markets.
· A track record of successful fundraising, including achieving ambitious targets and securing large grants both unrestricted and restricted funding.
· Conversant with current legislation and regulations relevant to the post - domestically, and engaged in international fundraising community.
Skills & Competencies
· Strong strategic fundraising leadership skills demonstrated.
· Direct marketing, financial planning, forecasting, fundraising investment, budgeting skills
· Excellent understanding of the principles of all fundraising activities, specifically direct debit/regular giving donor cycles, direct marketing, corporate and trust fundraising, legacies and major gifts
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organisation
· Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate with very senior individuals in different arenas
· Demonstrated public engagement and social mobilization skills and experience
· Ability to be credible, confident and diplomatic
· Ability to assimilate and analyze information quickly and utilize/implement best practices
· Proven commitment to promoting diversity within organisations
· Excellent staff management skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse staff team
· Ability to demonstrate strong ‘shared leadership’ with peers and lead participatory organisational management
· Ability to manage large budgets (approx. –1 -2 million US Dollars currently)
· Excellent time management skills
· Commitment to value based practice: Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Diversity
· Leading change
· Working with others to achieve results
· Managing self
· Building and nurturing relationships