Offer: World Learning for Intl Development seeks a Manager, CSO Financial & Organizational Capacity Strengthening in Nigeria
World Learning seeks a Manager, CSO Financial and Organizational Capacity Strengthening for a USAID-funded Electoral Empowerment of Civil Society program in Nigeria.
Duration: Up to 5 years.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
Recruitment contingent upon successful award of the project.
Please transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title on the subject line explaining why you are best qualified for this position – please also include three references with contact information.
Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Thank you.
To apply: Please visit our website www.worldlearning.org and click on the employment tab to submit your application. If you do not see the job you are interested in, please “search all.”
Please note, a resume and cover letter are required when applying to this position.
The project’s goal is to strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations who have and will serve as integral parts of national and state-level election-related activities across Nigeria. To achieve this goal, the Electoral Empowerment of Civil Society project will focus primarily on improved management and expanded domestic electoral observation and participation programs for civil society organizations, in addition to working with marginalized groups such as women, youth, and People With Disabilities (PWDs) to expand their participation and confidence in elections and the political process. One key element of the project is to build the institutional capacity of Nigerian civil society groups to become sustainable and to qualify and directly manage donor funds.
Financial/Organizational Capacity Manager responsibilities:
· Provide design and oversight for all organizational development capacity activities including assessments, trainings and post-training monitoring and support, including evaluation.
· Assess financial management capacities of sub recipients and develop an action plan to close identified gaps in the area of the financial management
· Develop training plans/curriculum, systems and tools to the Nigerian context for the sub-recipients' financial, accounting and program staff, and lead capacity building trainings.
· Assist partners with the strategic planning, annual budget preparation, introduce budget monitoring tools
· Ensure continuous support for the financial managers of sub-recipient organizations.
· Coordinate adaption of the automated accounting systems by partners , and lead trainings
· Monitor sub-recipients as to the accuracy of financial information and safeguards to eliminate fraud. Routinely monitor financial reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigate anomalies or unusual transactions.
· Follow-up on USAID required audit reports to ensure that gaps in audit reports are closed
· Coordinate with the Chief of Party and other program staff to ensure cohesion and communication across all program activities;
· Manage relevant program staff and consultants.
· Provide annual progress reports to the Chief of Party
· Bachelor’s degree in public administration and/or financial management; Master’s preferred
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field; elections experience a plus
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in advising/implementing/developing strategic and operational plans and budgets for civil society organizations
· Demonstrated experience in assessing local partner’s institutional capacity, developing training modules, materials and tools in operational and financial management, delivery of these trainings and mentoring/coaching of national trainers
· Demonstrated experience supporting financial management systems of host country institutions to become sustainable and qualify for direct donor assistance
· Demonstrated experience working with civil society and on support to democracy and governance initiatives in developing countries, preference for experience in Africa
· Knowledge of USAID and US government rules and regulations
· Knowledge of the automated accounting systems a plus (Quicken)
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
If you require additional assistance, please email email@example.com.