Offer: Job opportunity: Learning Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda (Deadline: December 15, 2013)
From AWID (see link below)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Learning Coordinator, Raising Voices
DEADLINE: December 15, 2013
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
Raising Voices is based in Kampala, Uganda and works to prevent violence against women and children. We do this through three main program areas: practice, learning, and influencing. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to lead the learning area of work, which includes leadership and coordination of all monitoring and evaluation projects underway at Raising Voices. This is a full-time, senior position based in Kampala, Uganda.
• Play a leading role in the development of the learning strategy for Raising Voices including documentation, monitoring, and evaluation framework and plan.
• Oversee, support, and coordinate all learning activities.
• Provide day-to-day support to Raising Voices staff and partners to implement the learning strategy.
• Manage the design, quality, development, and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
• Develop strategies for improving the quality of monitoring and staff capacity to use results to strengthen programs.
• Produce quality publications, papers and reports.
• Liaise with donors and donor representatives around the monitoring and evaluation activities at Raising Voices.
• Maintain constructive and respectful relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
• Actively participate in all Raising Voices organizational processes.
• Represent Raising Voices in national, regional and international processes and events.
• Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
• At least 7 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years in management.
• Proficient understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and ability to analyze and synthesize data.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Understanding and experience of donor reporting requirements including DFID.
• Post graduate degree desirable but relevant experience more important.
• Experience working in the Global South (Africa preferred).
• Proven commitment to violence prevention and community mobilization.
• Persuasive public speaker and credible facilitator of learning processes.
• Experience in/familiarity with Raising Voices methodologies a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel at least 20% of time away from Kampala.
• Excellent computer skills.
Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Submit a thoughtful cover letter, a CV, and a one-page writing sample that articulates your understanding of how documentation, monitoring, and evaluation can strengthen programming and move the field of violence prevention forward to email@example.com.
Position open until filled.
Note: No phone calls please. Do not send copies of transcripts/certificates