Offer: Job Opportunity: Influencing Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda (Deadline: December 15, 2013)
From AWID (see link below)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Influencing Coordinator, Raising Voices
DEADLINE: December 15, 2013
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
Raising Voices is based in Kampala, Uganda and works to prevent violence against women and children. We do this through three main program areas: practice, learning and influencing. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to lead the influencing area of work. The objective of this work at Raising Voices is to influence policy-makers and partners to develop policies and programs that prioritize the prevention of violence against women and children. This is a full-time, senior position based in Kampala, Uganda.
• Play a leading role in the development of the influencing strategy for Raising Voices.
• Oversee, support, and coordinate all programs and activities within the influencing area of work.
• Provide conceptual and practical guidance and support to all programming of the GBV prevention Network.
• Lead advocacy efforts with government officials, civil society partners and other stakeholders in Uganda and around the region.
• Represent Raising Voices in various coalition and working groups.
• Support global advocacy efforts and initiatives spearheaded by Raising Voices.
• Support global movement-building efforts to end violence against women and children.
• Produce quality publications, papers, thought-pieces, policy briefs, reports, etc.
• Work in collaboration with the Learning Coordinator to document, monitor and assess all programming in the practice area of work.
• Work in collaboration with the Country Director and the Co-Directors on strategic directions for the influencing area of work.
• Maintain constructive and respectful relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
• Actively participate in all Raising Voices organizational processes.
• Represent Raising Voices in national, regional, and international processes and events.
• Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
• At least 7 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years in management.
• In-depth understanding and analysis of violence against women and children.
• Experience and expertise in supervision, team building, and mentoring.
• Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills.
• Post graduate degree desirable but relevant experience more important.
• Experience working in the Global South (Africa preferred).
• Experience in/familiarity with Raising Voices methodologies an advantage.
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of time away from Kampala.
• Excellent writing and computer skills.
Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Submit a thoughtful cover letter, a CV, and a one page writing sample that articulates your perspective on the most compelling argument for prioritizing of violence against women and children to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: December 15th 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted by the 20thDecember 2013.
Note: No phone calls please. Do not send copies of transcripts/certificates