Offer: Job Opportunity: Practice Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda (Deadline: December 15, 2013)
From AWID (see link below)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Practice Coordinator for "Raising Voices"
DEADLINE: December 15, 2013
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
Raising Voices works to prevent violence against women and children through three main program areas: practice, learning, and influencing. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to lead the practice area of work. The objective of our practice at Raising Voices is to implement, inspire and strengthen community activism to prevent violence against women and children. This is a full time senior position based in Kampala, Uganda
• Play a leading role in shaping and concretizing the practice strategy for Raising Voices.
• Oversee, support and coordinate all programs and activities within the practice area of work.
• Directly support teams implementing community and schools.
• Facilitate interactive trainings and provide quality technical support to organizations using Raising Voices’ methodologies.
• Strengthen staff capacity to implement and support the implementation of Raising Voices’ methodologies.
• Create communication materials, new methodologies and campaigns.
• Support the adaptations of Raising Voices’ methodologies by other partners in various contexts.
• Collaborate with the Learning Coordinator to document, monitor and assess all programming in the practice area of work.
• Collaborate with the Country Director and the Co-Directors on strategic directions for the practice area of work.
• Produce quality publications, papers and reports.
• Maintain constructive and respectful relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
• Actively participate in all Raising Voices organizational processes.
• Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
• At least 7 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years in management.
• Extensive experience in community and school-based violence prevention programming.
• Experience and expertise in supervision, team building and mentoring.
• Excellent training and facilitation skills.
• In depth understanding and analysis of violence against women and children.
• Post graduate degree desirable but relevant experience more important.
• Experience working in the Global South (Africa preferred).
• Experience in /familiarity with Raising Voices methodologies an advantage.
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 4% of time away from Kampala.
• Excellent writing and computer skills.
Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Submit a thoughtful cover letter, a CV, and a one-page writing sample that articulates what you believe to be the benefits and challenges in simultaneously addressing violence against women and children at the community level to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline December 15th 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted by December 20th 2013.
Note: No phone calls please. Do not send copies of transcripts/ certificates