Offer: Caribbean Development Bank: Standby Roster Of Gender Consultants
Caribbean Development Bank
Closing date: 31 October, 2013
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is searching for individual consultants with technical expertise in gender equality in specific thematic areas to comprise a roster of consultants to be used by the Bank for specific assignments. CDB frequently engages consultants who are recognised specialists to support the Bank’s commitments towards the implementation of its Gender Equality Policy and Operational Strategy (GEPOS), and to provide gender expertise to assist in the implementation of the Bank’s Strategic Plan, Special Development Fund and related programmes and projects.
Profiles of consultants with substantive experience in gender equality in the following areas of the Bank’s work will be screened:
(1) Infrastructure / Public Infrastructure and Service Delivery;
(2) Infrastructure / Transportation;
(3) Infrastructure / Water and Sanitation;
(4) Agriculture and Rural Development;
(5) Education and Training;
(6) Private Sector Development;
(7) Environmental Sustainability / Energy; Disaster Risk Management; Climate Change;
(8) Governance / Public Sector;
(9) Governance / Evidence-Based Decision-Making;
(10) Governance / Legal and institutional frameworks;
(11) Governance / Project Management; Procurement;
(12) Poverty / Poverty analysis
(13) Poverty / Social Protection;
(14) Citizen Security and Gender-Based Violence;
(15) Regional Cooperation and Integration;
(16) Institutional Capacity Development;
(17) Gender Responsive Planning and Budgeting;
(18) Economic Policy and Management;
(19) Management for Development Results / Monitoring & Evaluation.
The range of tasks includes: gender analysis, diagnosis and research; capacity assessments and capacity development activities; support to project identification; formulation and drafting of public policy, strategies or concepts relevant to a selected thematic area; project or programme monitoring and evaluation, including beneficiary assessments; negotiation and coordination with public and private partners and stakeholders, communications and knowledge management; partnership development and community engagement.
CDB now invites interested, eligible, qualified applicants to submit applications to be included in the Bank’s Standby Roster of Gender Consultants. Applications can be submitted online until 31 October 2013, through the webpage https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/rostergender. Only shortlisted candidates will be placed on the roster and invited to submit their full curriculum vitae.
Requirements for specific competencies, qualifications, duties and responsibilities will be outlined in the Terms of Reference for each specific assignment. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in gender equality issues and the relevant thematic area, as well as relevant academic background. Good knowledge of the socio-economic and political environments of the Bank’s member countries will be an asset.
Gender specialists from CARICOM countries and/or CDB member countries are particularly encouraged to apply. Differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
For further information or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDB will not defray the costs of submission of any application.