Offer: Call for Applications: Training of Trainers for Women, Peace, and Security - Deadline: 31 May 2013
Applications are invited for Arab Regional Training of Trainers for Women, Peace, and Security Program under UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality and UNDP, Karama.
The purpose of this program is to Leveraging the Engagement of Arab Women’s Rights Activists and Leaders with Relevant UN Security Council Resolutions to Advance Women’s Political Participation.
This training will be conducted in Cairo, Egypt, from 1-4 July 2013.
> Building the capacity of women’s rights activists and leaders to engage with UNSCRs
> ncreasing social support toward the achievement of gender equality in political representation and political participation
Eligibility & Criteria
1. The training program will admit 40 participants from the following countries: Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Tunisia, Sudan, South Sudan, and Somalia.
2, The training is primarily designed for individuals with a record of engagement in human rights and women’s rights, whether as educators, trainers, or activists. Women, men, applicants under age 30 as well as more experienced individuals are all encouraged to apply.
To ensure the sustainability of the program, candidates will be evaluated based on their capacity to act as “multipliers” in the sense that they should demonstrate their ability to spread the knowledge, skills, and message of the ToT by providing training and awareness-raising activities in their own countries within their own fields of work.
Applicants will be chosen based on their fulfillment of certain of the following criteria:
1. Minimum two years of work in civil society organizations in the field of women human rights
2. Experience in gender equality and women’s rights policy issues
3. Involvement in national, regional, and/or international campaigns on human rights in general or women’s human rights
4. Leadership and interactive skills and capacity to act/become an advocate and trainer
5. Strong interest and commitment to gender equality, women’s empowerment and human rights
6. Good command of English (preferred but not required)
Deadline: 31 May 2013.