Offer: ITU Telecom World - Young Innovators Competition 2013 / Deadline: June 30th, 2013 at 24:00 GMT+2
"The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) invites young people aged 18 to 26 to submit ICT-based solutions that address six global development challenges.
We are looking for the next generation of social technopreneurs – young people aged between 18 and 26 with an inspirational ICT-based solution to developmental challenges.
Your idea could be a start-up already up and running but in need of funding to implement the next stage and bring it to scale. Or it could be a concept worked out on paper but in need of support to make it real.
It doesn’t matter: what we want are innovative solutions which can really make an impact on the world and improve people’s lives by using connected technologies (ICTs) to address one of our Six Grand Challenges:
1. Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
2. Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail level
3. Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
4. Improve natural disaster prediction and response
5. Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
6. Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
Ten winning finalists will be selected to attend ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok, taking part in workshops, pitching sessions, mentoring and networking, plus receiving seed funding of up to USD 10,000 per project.
Deadline for applications: June 30th, 2013 at 24:00 GMT+2