Offer: AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS (Kantor Qwentes SA) - Apply by 06 June 2013
Kantor Qwentes (KQ) is a Brussels-based subsidiary of Kantor Group managing inter alia the Contact Point of the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD), other agri-rural and communications/networking projects.
A 1. Team Leaders / Deputy Team Leaders / agriculture & rural development specialists
* Minimum 1st degree and ideally higher-level degree (Masters or above) in rural/regional development, economics, geography or equivalent
* Min. 10 years experience providing TA in agriculture &/or integrated rural/regional development projects including one or more of these areas: value chain and markets (for a range of sub-sectors/product groups), sector policy and programming, institutional capacity building & change management, payments agency, multi-sector social and economic development including diversification activities, agricultural best practices, ecosystems & rural environment, smallholders, farmer groups, agri-extension services, community-led local development, food processing and marketing, food quality control & certification systems, land parcel identification system, public-private partnerships development, trade diversification especially to sub-regional markets, baseline surveys, food security, improved incomes, climate resilience, health, education, water and sanitation services, business plan development, the development and evaluation of call(s) for proposals, monitoring and evaluation or similar
* Min. 5 years team leader or management experience in agriculture rural/regional development sector including management of multi-disciplinary teams
* Relevant experience working in the above disciplines in particular in one or more of these regions and/or countries is a distinct advantage: Central Asia: Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey; South East Asia: Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam; Eastern Europe: Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan; West Africa: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Liberia, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra-Leone; Caribbean: Belize, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Suriname, St Vincent, St Lucia.
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and proficiency in a main local language (including French, Spanish where appropriate) is an advantage
* Familiarity with EuropeAid project cycle management (PCM) and other donor funding rules and procedures would be an advantage
A 2. Rural Socio-Economic Development Experts
* Degree or post-graduate qualification in agriculture, rural development, agri-economics, geography or related field
* Min. 5 years experience programming and/or implementing economic development and diversification initiatives in agriculture and the wider rural economy including one or more of: farmer organisations, agri-rural and business associations, agro-food production systems, animal and plant production, food quality control and certification systems, small-scale and semi-subsistence development, agri-extension services, value chain and markets (for a range of sub-sectors/product groups), sector policy and programming, institutional capacity building, multi-sector social and economic development including diversification activities, agricultural best practices, LEADER and community-led local rural development, crafts, tourism, public-private partnerships development, baseline surveys, food security, improved incomes, climate resilience, health, water and sanitation services, business plan development, the development and evaluation of call(s) for proposals, monitoring and evaluation, or similar
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and proficiency in a main local language (including French or Spanish where appropriate) is an advantage
Interested professionals should submit their CVs (see template at the provided link) by email with short covering e-mail to Michael Hegarty firstname.lastname@example.org at latest by 6 June 2013.
In the subject line please indicate which expert category you are applying for.