Need: call for funds to support the activities of struggle against the dropout of girls SHABUNDA, MWENGA, Fizi, Kaleh IN DR CONGO
Call for funds to support the activities of struggle against the dropout of girls SHABUNDA, MWENGA, Fizi, Kaleh IN DR CONGO
NGABO is a nonprofit organization working for the rights of women and children. Since 2010 NGABO is committed to investigating the near populations of the four territories of eastern DR Congo to identify the causes of the persistence of violations of the rights of women and girls in the area turbulence.
These four rural areas of the eastern DRC are enclaves teeming many armed groups that refuse to join the national army. The roads are not very practicable. Certain areas are only accessible by air.
The situation of girls and women in rural areas of fizi, Mwenga and Shabunda Kalehe is very worrying. The results of our field surveys clearly show that 900% of the girls who finish primary school, 20% finished the 6 years of junior high, the other 70% are married early by abduction or by credit. This proves the reality of the results of our investigations made on 48 schools is the fact gradually see a number of girls in classrooms at each school. In general the rate of success and attendance of girls is lower than boys.
According to our investigations, the causes of the low participation of girls in schooling are:
- The backward customs and habits that promote studies of boys than girls.
- Ignorance of the sacred laws of equality and opportunities for girls and boys.
- The poverty in some families it offers early marriage to the daughter to pay a debt, educate children boys or get rid of it.
- The bad religious teachings that support the inferiority of women to men.
Given these causes NGABO would commit to conduct outreach and extension of laws relating to the rights of children and women. This fight against the schooling of girls, early marriage, marriage by abduction, polygamy, rape and all forms of violence based on gender.
Physical activities that NGABO be undertaken in the implementation of this project are:
- Educating girls on the rights of women and children
- Awareness of men over women's rights and child
- Awareness of local leaders on the code of the Congolese family.
- The sports and arts activities, lectures, debates promoting exchanges between girls and boys.
- Training of trainers: teachers, youth workers on the rights of women and children.
Our vision is that in three years:
- The enrollment of girls could increase by 50%
- The number of early marriages reduced by 80%
- The rape and violence based on reduced significantly in hospitals and in the community type.
To achieve this mission your material and financial contributions are highly desirable.
For NGABO association
Tel: +243 997280029 / +243 8593 64063
Office: +243 90354726
AV. E.P Lumumba No. 3/Bukavu/R.D.Congo
Please contact me for bank account information and instructions on how to transfer funds.