Offer: Grand Challenges family of grant programs / Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Deadlines: May 7th/June 7th, 2013 (11:30 PDT)
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its funding partners in the Grand Challenges family of grant programs are currently inviting innovators to apply for three grant opportunities:
1) Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals for its latest application round.
Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for profit companies.
Proposals are being accepted online until May 7, 2013 11:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on the following topics:
* The “One Health” Concept: Bringing Together Human and Animal Health for New Solutions
* Increasing Interoperability of Social Good Data
* Develop the Next Generation of Condom
* New Approaches for Detection, Treatment, and Control of Selected Neglected Tropical Diseases
* Labor Saving Strategies and Innovations for Women Smallholder Farmers
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions are available at www.grandchallenges.org/explorations
2) The Grand Challenges Brazil partnership has launched Reducing the Burden of Preterm Birth.
This program seeks to develop new ways to prevent preterm birth; to improve the survival, health, and development of preterm infants; and to scale-up known effective prevention and treatment options.
Grants will be to Brazilian researchers, but partnerships, including those with researchers in other countries are encouraged.
Letters of Inquiry for this opportunity are due May 7, 2013.
More information and the English version of the request for proposals can be found at www.grandchallenges.org/GrantOpportunities/Pages/reducetheburden.aspx
3) The Agricultural Development and Nutrition teams at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are now accepting letters of inquiry for the development of a consortium with both agricultural and nutrition expertise, and with the mandate of “Improving Nutrition Outcomes through Optimized Agricultural Interventions” in Africa.
Letters of inquiry for this opportunity are due June 7, 2013.
More information and the English and French version of the request for proposals can be found at http://www.gatesfoundation.org/How-We-Work/General-Information/Grant-Opp...
Thank you for your commitment to solving the world's greatest health and development challenges.
The Grand Challenges Team
PO Box 23350
Seattle, WA. 98102
(C) 1999-2012 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
All Rights Reserved.
Visit our site: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
We also invite you to read the new issue of the Grand Challenges Newsletter at http://www.grandchallenges.org/GCGHDocs/Newsletter/2013-05/GC_Newsletter...