Offer: VACANCY: Women’s Project Leader
Project Africa seeks to employ a Women’s Leader to our Project In Kakamega, Kenya
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• The leader will assist Project Africa in meeting the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual needs of women in their various stages of life and cultural diversity.
• The leader is to create an environment that encourages productivity, rewards effort and initiative, and provides an environment in which each woman can experience growth.
• The leader assesses the needs of the women in the community through surveys and interviews. She acts as chairperson for a Women’s Department & committee to develop programs and activities to meet the needs identified through the surveys.
• The leader is an active member in the local community disseminating information on women's activities and harmonizing these activities with the larger Organization’s vision and mission. She works closely with the community leaders.
• Qualifications include a sensitive, caring nature, a clear understanding of role for women, gender balanced environment and with a burden for women's broad needs and concerns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major duties and responsibilities of the Women’s leader include the following:
1. Establish a Committee. The leader will work with the Organization board to establish an advisory committee. The committee should be composed of women interested in the broad spectrum of women's needs and concerns. The purpose of the committee is to brainstorm, develop strategies, and assist in planning programs and activities that relate to women's specific and varied needs.
2. Needs Assessment. The leader will work closely with her committee to survey the needs of the women in Project Africa and community. Survey questionnaires can be used to obtain this information.
3. Program Development. The leader will work with her committee and the community leaders to develop and implement Women' programs or seminars, and network with existing support groups active in the community. She and her committee will advice the management and Board on sponsorship for such programs as support groups for abused women and girls, support for adult education and vocational skills training for women, Support for mentorship and education for girls, single mothers, teenage mothers etc. Other activities may include Organizing seminars, conferences and camps for women and girls, literacy programs, day care, and programs enterprise development.
4. Chairperson of the Women’s Committee. It is the responsibility of the Women’s leader to chair the Women’s committee. She will encourage ideas and plans that maximize women's contribution to the mission of PROJECT AFRICA. The chair will put together an agenda, moderate discussion, and facilitate group cohesion through personal sharing, and fellowship,
5. Advocate of Women's Concerns, Needs, and Contributions. It is the leader's responsibility to keep the Administration informed of Women's Ministries and its contributions to Project Mission. This responsibility includes allocating time for personal visitations. This responsibility includes being a liaison between the women members in the Project, and the board members, assisting the board members to keep in view the needs of the women in the project and recognizing the Women's department as a significant and vital part of Project growth and dynamics
Deadline: 30th March 2009
How to apply
send your CV and Introductory Letter to