Offer: OVW FY 2013 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program - Deadline: 25 April 2013
U.S. Office on Violence Against Women has announced Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program to advocate for systemic change that will enhance the safety of women in an Indian Tribe.
This mission of this program is to enhance appropriate standards for tribal governments, tribal nonprofit organizations, tribal organizations, victim services and victim service providers to increase the ability of these entities to address sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
Tribal Coalitions Program may be used for the following purposes:
Increasing awareness of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking committed against American Indian and Alaska Native women;
Enhancing the response to violence against American Indian and Alaska Native women at the Tribal, Federal, and state levels;
Identifying and providing technical assistance to coalition membership and tribal communities to enhance access to essential services to American Indian and Alaska Native women victimized by sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
Eligibility & Criteria:
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Others (see full call).
- Current Tribal Coalitions Program grantees who are seeking funding to continue projects that were funded in Fiscal Year 2011 or earlier
- Established nonprofit tribal coalitions that form erly received funding from the Tribal Coalitions Program
- First-time applicants that have never before received funding from the Tribal Coalitions Program. First-time applicants must be incorporated as a nonprofit organization, must be able to provide proof of incorporation, and must have a primary mission of addressing crimes of sexual assault and/or domestic violence committed against Alaska Native and American Indian women
Deadline: 25 April 2013.
For more information, visit grants.gov and search by funding opportunity number.OVW-2013-3408