Offer: Application deadline EXTENDED to MARCH 27th__Voice For Human Rights Launches Conflict Transformation Workshop
On April 5th Voice For Human Rights will be launching its Conflict Transformation Workshop. The application has been released for those interested in participating in the workshop, the application link is available below and it can also be found on our website at the following link: http://voiceforhumanrights.org/conflict-transformation-workshop/
Who is the workshop meant for :
The Voice For Human Rights Conflict Transformation Workshop is designed for a mixture of individuals including but not limited to: practitioners, grassroots leaders, active community members , religious community leaders, students and educators a wide range of backgrounds, sector of society and communities.
About the Conflict Transformation Workshop:
The workshop hopes to help participants explore the concept of conflict and how this understanding, vigorous analysis and strategic planning can help communities transform a violent, debilitating conflict through the process of conflict transformation helping to create sustainable peace. Further, understanding that the process of conflict transformation and even further peace building is never a single-track, single-level phenomenon as even communal conflict is inevitably immersed in a larger mulch-lateral system that is complex in nature, with many diverse actors, processes and agendas. In order to comprehend the tools and processes for conflict transformation and the ways in which it might prove appropriate to utilize them, there must be a fundamental understanding of the concept of conflict, peace, and naturally conflict transformation. Thus, this is what this training aims to do; begin by introducing and discussing the definitions and complex dynamics of conflict and contributory factors, critically analyzing the notion of peace and eventually making our way towards exploring processes, practices and tools. Participants will utilize the knowledge and tools in a number of ways. Throughout the course, there will be a training-long conflict mapping exercise in which we will analyze a real world community conflict case study. To further facilitate learning and to provide a medium of consistent practice, participants will be engaging in a number of role-play exercises as well as online conflict transformation and peace building simulations.
This conflict transformation workshop focuses on skills, but we hope that by conclusion of this training these tools and strategies will be understood to have emerged out of a deeper foundation and continue to function in an extremely complex system. We hope participants will be able to understand that conflict transformation efforts are not an simple or easy process but rather require continued sustained efforts over a long period of time. Conflict transformation does not occur at one time or one-level, it is a process. Ultimately this workshop hopes to only introduce participants to conflict analysis and transformation but to guide them in understanding their role in this process and how these can be utilize the material and skills they have learned to contribute to building sustainable peace in their communities.
A link to the planned workshop schedule and application form can be found here: http://voiceforhumanrights.org/conflict-transformation-workshop/
• Fill out entire application and submit by March 24, 2013. Before submitting double check to ensure that all necessary information is provided.
• Submit application to email@example.com
You can either print out the application form and fill it out with a black ink pen (be sure to write legibly), then scan the completed document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may fill out the form via word processor (Microsoft Word, etc.), save and submit the completed document by emailing it to email@example.com
If you have any questions about how to submit please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You will be notified by email if you selected to participate in the workshop. Applications will be reviewed in the in order in which they are received. Due to the limited number of available openings, you are highly encouraged to apply early. If you are not initially selected to participate in the workshop you may ask to be added to the waitlist. In the event that an individual is no longer able to participate in the workshop or they are dropped for not being present (without excuse) for the first workshop session you may be added to the course.
• If selected to participate in the workshop you will be sent further information via email upon acceptance.
Requirements for Participants:
• Fluency in English
• Relatively reliable access to internet (please contact us if you have difficulty with this criteria and we may be able to assist you)
• Availability for 3 hour block once a week for class meetings (day will be determined once selection of participants is complete)
• A passion for the subject of conflict transformation and sustainable peace
• Willing to work and interact with on a fairly consistent basis with a diverse group of individuals
Last date for submission of application: 27 March 2013
Late applications will be accepted up until April 2nd, however if submitted late you will not be guaranteed a spot in the workshop and may be placed on the waitlist.
Workshop Commencement Date: 5 April 2013
Workshop End Date: Tentatively 10 May 2013
Duration of workshop: Tentatively 6 weeks, once a week class session of 2 hours each
For more details feel free to contact our organization at email@example.com
You may also contact the facilitators of the workshop, myself or Urmila Chanam at:
Director: Programs & Outreach, VFHR