Offer: OFFER: Advanced International Training Programmes
Candidates are invited by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to apply for Advanced International Training Programmes on UN Resolution 1325: Women, Peace and Security. This program will be held in Stockholm, Sweden (Part I ) and Part II will be decided later.
The principle aim of the training is to contribute to-
• Increasing women’s influence and participation in the political process during conflict and post-conflict reconstruction
• Increasing the recognition of the special needs of girls and women in conflict and post-conflict contexts
• Further, the aim is to enable organizational change where participants will be given an opportunity to use the knowledge and tools provided by the programme to contribute to the implementation of UNSCR 1325
The training programme is focused on post-conflict and transitional countries. The joint venture between Indevelop and the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation together with academics and practitioners from the field of women, peace and security will ensure that the programme will be both useful and inspiring, combining different international and national perspectives.
Eligibility & Criteria-
• The programme admits 25 participants. It is primarily designed for senior and midlevel officials in organizations working with human rights and in the security sector. Participants should represent one of the following-
1. Government, e.g. relevant ministries, judiciary, military, police authority, human rights commissions
2. NGOs, e.g. human rights or women’s rights organisations
3. Academic institutions
4. Media and the private sector
• The training programme will be organized and conducted in English and consequently a high proficiency in the English language is required.
For more information, visit this link Deadline- April 30, 2013