Offer: 2013-2014 Charles Pick Fellowship - Applicants must be from South Asia (Deadline: 30 Jan 2013)
The Charles Pick South Asian Fellowship supports to the work of a new and, as yet, unpublished writer of fictional or non-fictional prose based in South Asia.
The writer should be from South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Burma/Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan), but does not need to be domiciled there.
DEADLINE: 31 January 2013
The Fellowship will be for six months, starting on 1 October. The award is £10,000 includes accommodation on campus at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK
- Must be writers of fictional or non-fictional prose in English who have not yet published a book based in South Asia.
- Applicants must be from South Asia, but do not need to be domiciled there.
- Applicants can be any age.
- Completed application forms should be submitted together with a typescript of an original unpublished piece of fiction or non-fiction of not more than 2500 words (please include word count on first page), written in English.
- This must be a sample of the project the applicant would undertake if awarded the Fellowship.
- It is acceptable to submit a section of a work originally written in another language, but translated into English, on the understanding that if awarded the Fellowship, the applicant will translate the full work into English.
- The typescript should be a hard copy, printed as a single-sided, double-spaced document. Please do not staple or otherwise bind the sheets of your typescript together.
- Handwritten work, fax or email applications will not be accepted.
- Do not include any additional documentation or materials. Work submitted cannot be returned to applicants.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a completed application form and reference.
- Application form can be accessed HERE
All applicants must try to provide a reference from an editor, agent or accredited teacher of creative writing. The reference, on the official reference form, must be sent by the referee directly to The Charles Pick Fellowship at the address below. Whilst it is not essential to provide a reference, applicants should be aware that the addition of a reference might enhance their application. References should arrive no later than Thursday 31 January 2013.
Applications should be posted to:
The Charles Pick Fellowship South Asia
School of Literature and Creative Writing
University of East Anglia
Norwich, NR4 7TJ
For more information, please visit HERE