Offer: The Programme on Women’s Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (PWESCR), New Delhi, India.
PWESCR (The Programme on Women’s Economic, Social and Cultural Rights) is an international human rights organization based in the global South committed to promoting women’s human rights, especially in the context of economic, social and cultural rights by engendering policy, law and practice at local, national, regional and international levels.
PWESCR is organized around three broad goals:
- To build leadership and capacity in the field of human rights and economic justice to promote women’s ESCR
- To foster collaborations to enhance learning, knowledge and skills
- To develop shared strategies to advocate problem-solving alternatives in the context of gender
The Programme Officer (PO) for Research will be part of PWESCR’s leadership team and will work closely with the Executive Director on all aspects of PWESCR’s Research. The PO will head the research team to conduct in-depth, timely research on priority areas as identified by PWESCR’s Board and PWESCR’s Research Advisory Group. This would also include providing inputs and analysis for all PWESCR advocacy work, both nationally and internationally; developing appropriate information, education and communication material from the research to ensure our work reaches our targeted constituencies; cultivating relationships with local and regional activists, scholars and other stakeholders; and maintaining substantial knowledge of issues, policies, contacts, and social movements and networks within the region and globally.
- Advance degree (minimum Masters) in economics, international relations, social sciences; law, human rights or women's studies.
- Minimum 3-5 years of research experience in human rights, socio-economic justice and/or women's rights work at the national, regional or international level.
- Demonstrate commitment to women and gender rights issues with an ability to do gender analysis.
- Demonstrate experience in conducting research, developing methodology and implementation.
- Good analytical, research and writing skills (in English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to network and liaise in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrate ability to be a leader and be able to set the tone for the team
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, manage multiple and competing priorities, and handle detail. Work to optimize teamwork, learning and efficiency. Very organized and efficient.
- Must be able to travel including overseas as required.
For more information, please visit here.
Closing date: November 26, 2012
Cross posted from http://www.awid.org