Offer: Job Opportunity: Programme Specialist, UN Women (Dili, Timor Leste)
The Programme Specialist is responsible for providing the strategic leadership, guidance and oversight of programmes and operations, formulation and execution of UN Women Programme on WPS in line with UN Women Timor Leste Country Strategy and Annual Work Plan as well as UN development efforts in Timor Leste.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative, the Programme Specialist will provide technical and program leadership ensuring high quality of UN Women's interventions on women, peace and security in Timor Leste. For more information, please visit here.
Summary of Key Functions
- Programme Management and Oversight
- Representation and Partnership Building
- Knowledge Management and Reporting
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree in Gender and Development, or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in the field of gender equality and women’s empowerment, including in post-conflict situations.
- Experience and knowledge of gender-responsive security sector reform, sexual and gender-based violence, conflict prevention and peacebuilding issues highly desirable.
- Proven managerial experience in the UN or an international organization and familiarity with the sub-region preferred.
- Experience in developing, implementing and/or monitoring and evaluating programmes highly desirable.
- Experience in results-based management (RBM). RBM experience as specifically applied in the UN context an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Tetum and/or Portuguese language is a distinct advantage.
Application Deadline: 23 November 2012
For more information, please visit here.
Cross posted from UNDP Jobs. Retrieved on 8 November 2012