Offer: Call for Applications: Global Change Leaders Program (Deadline to apply: 3 December 2012)
In 2011-2012, the International Centre for Women’s Leadership launched the Global Change Leaders program – a certificate course for emerging women leaders from the global south.
Through campus-based education, field visits, mentorships and linkages to a global network of other women leaders, the program enables the women to strengthen their leadership capacities to contribute to change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning themes grounded in real world experiences. Topics covered include transformative leadership concepts, practical leadership skills, citizen-led and asset-based development, and oral and written communications. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
The overall Program Objective is to enable Global Change Leaders to take on more powerful and dynamic leadership roles in their organizations and communities. Specific outcomes for participants include:
- Practical understanding of leadership concepts and application within their own context
- Enriched knowledge and experience in essential leadership skills
- Expertise in organizational learning and change management
- Strengthened capacity to realize sustainable, citizen-led and asset-based development goals
- Effective and compelling oral and written communications, and presentation skills
- Ability to apply strategies and tools that underpin innovative social and economic initiatives
- Active participation in a global network of like-minded women leaders