Offer: Call for Applications: Pass-It-On Awards Program (Deadline: 26 September 2012)
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of technical women helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Applications open Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 12:00 noon PST (UT-8).
Applications close Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:00 noon PST (UT-8).
Reference letters due Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM PST (UT-8).
Send letters by email to: passiton-2012fall at systers dot org
Detailed guidelines on how to complete the application and reference letters.
SPRING 2012 PIO AWARD CYCLE
Spring 2012 Pass-it-on Award Winners