Offer: Call for Applications: United States Institute of Peace Grants (Deadline: 1 October 2012)
The Grant Program increases the breadth and depth of the Institute's work by supporting peacebuilding projects managed by non-profit organizations including educational institutions, research institutions, and civil society organizations.
In over twenty years of grantmaking, the Grant Program's Annual Grant Competition and Priority Grant Competition have received nearly 10,000 applications and awarded more than 2,000 grants. The Institute has provided funding to grantees located in more than 46 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, and in 81 foreign countries.
The Annual Grant Competition:
- Supports innovative peacebuilding projects involving research, the identification of promising models and effective practices, the development of practitioner resources and tools, the development and delivery of education, training and dialogue programs, and the production of films, radio programs, and other media.
- Funds projects focused on preventing, managing, and resolving violent conflict and promoting post-conflict peacebuilding in settings outside the borders of the U.S. Awards support activities that apply across a broad range of relevant disciplines, skills, and approaches. USIP welcomes proposals of an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary nature.
Topic areas of interest to USIP include, but are not limited to:
- Conflict analysis and prevention;
- Mediation and conflict resolution;
- Postconflict peace and stability operations;
- Religion and peacemaking;
- Women and girls in conflict and peacebuilding;
- Rule of law and transitional justice;
- Economies and conflict;
- Social, psychological, and physical impacts of war and conflict;
- Media and conflict
Annual Grant Competition facts:
The Annual Grant Competition is extremely challenging and grows harder each year. In the 2010 cycle 512 applications were submitted. The number of grant awards has remained about the same 20-25 per year.
The awards generally range from $50,000 to $120,000.
For complete details and to apply, please visit the link below.