Offer: Job: Research Coordinator: Arab Foundation for Freedom and Equality
The Arab Foundation for Freedom’s and Equality. Beirut, Lebanon.
Closing date: July 15, 2012.
The Arab Foundation for Freedom’s and Equality (AFE) goal is to support the movement for sexual rights and protections across MENA. AFE broadens participation in sexual rights by investing heavily in grassroots civil society, building the capacity of nascent activists, groups and organizations, focusing on information sharing and security and protection.
About the Project/The Gender & Sexuality Resource Center:
Despite the proliferation of research, writing, and discussion on gender and sexuality, much of this work remains unknown or is more generally inaccessible to those who would benefit the most. In large, this is due to a lack of coordination and communication between activists and researchers. Which then prevents said parties from benefiting from knowledge already produced—in particular work that has been produced in Arabic.
Further still, because of the lack of communication, research and other materials on the same select topics are then constantly reproduced time and time again. The production (and preservation) of new and sophisticated research is essential to our understanding of sexuality and gendered identities and their regulation in order to build sound, evidence-based strategies for sexual and bodily rights and justice across the Arab world.
In order to further this vision, AFE is piloting a Gender & Sexuality Resource Center in partnership with ABAAD organization to act as an informational hub for local and regional knowledge production and exchange on these issues.
We are looking for a responsible, detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual who has had experience as a team leader or in managing groups of people. Preferences will be given to individuals who have graduated with a Masters degree, although others are welcome to apply. Prior research experience is an asset as well as demonstrated ability to work on one’s own.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Implement, maintain and further improve research quality control procedures.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases; correct any errors.
- Obtain copyright consent for documents when needed.
- Support, plan, and coordinate operations for single or multiple research collection sites.
- Develop or provide resources and research guidelines for country researchers.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute schedules for country researchers.
- Continuously monitor and develop the pre-defined guidelines to help oversee and guide the process of gathering research.
- Train researchers for better research collection when needed.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Provide assistance to other AFE and ABAAD staff with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Present research findings.
Download the full job description here.
Interested candidates are invited to send their:
- Motivation letter
- Copies of prior publications, if any
to Mr. Georges Azzi, AFE Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 15, 2012 latest.
Please mention job title “Research coordinator” in email subject-line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.