Offer: Gender Specialist: International Center for Research on Women. Nairobi, Kenya.
ICRW seeks a field-based team member for its East Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya to implement and evaluate an innovative gender responsive intervention that will enhance women farmers’ leadership and farm productivity.
Scope of Work/Specific Activities:
- Lead the implementation of the gender component of the project.
- Mentor and train partner staff on gender
- Lead the training of agrodealers on gender dynamics
- Lead training of FISL group members on gender dynamics
- Participate formative research to refine project design
- Train women farmers and FISL group members on women’s leadership
- Oversee training on group dynamics; leadership, group strengthening, management, governance and basic financial literacy
- Support gender responsive M&E – sex disaggregated data collection and analysis
- Work with beneficiaries to enhance and strengthen women’s agency, intra-household communication and cooperation
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in social science (gender a major unit), or Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/rural development with at least post graduate diploma in gender and development.
- Masters degree in gender will have added advantages.
Other qualifications and experiences:
Skilled and with good understanding of:
- Rural development practices,
- Participatory research methodologies,
- Participatory training techniques,
- Group dynamics,
- Gender dynamics,
- Household dynamics,
- Rural economic empowerment and development,
- Agricultural practices and constraints,
- Rural micro-finance
Knowledge of livelihood dynamics in western Kenya will be an added advantage. Candidates should have at least five (5) years of progressive experience preferably in the field.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, (2) writing samples and salary requirements as e-mail attachments to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Candidates who do not submit all of the requested application materials will not be considered. Please indicate "Gender Specialist IGE Tech" in the subject line of the email.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries regarding the status of candidacy. Therefore, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. ICRW is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Article License Holder: The International Center for Research on Women