Offer: Calling innovative entries: Ashoka Changemakers' Activating Empathy Competition!
Changemakers recently launched the Activating Empathy: Transforming Schools to Teach What Matters competition. We are looking for innovative ideas, programs, and learning models from around the world that equip students with the skill of empathy by:
• Encouraging social and emotional development
• Unlocking new ways of viewing problems, opening the door to a new world of potential solutions
• Addressing bullying or aggression in ways that advance understanding of others' perspectives
• Promoting community diversity and a respect for differences
• Championing children as real world problem solvers rather than simply bystanders
There is more than $110,000 in prize money available, including special prizes for ideas that enhance empathy through play or use empathy to address bullying. The final deadline for entries is March 30.
In addition to the opportunity to win prize money, participants in Changemakers competitions receive exposure for their idea, build connections to others in this field, and learn and share best practices.
To learn more and submit an entry, visit the newly redesigned http://www.changemakers.com/empathy.