Offer: Call for Op-eds and analyses. PeaceVoice
PeaceVoice is a program of the Oregon Peace Institute. We are devoted to helping get the voices of peace and justice educators and other peace and justice professionals into the public discourse of the US mainstream media.
Here is what we do:
Op-eds, commentary and analyses are sent to PeaceVoiceDirector (at) gmail.com and that piece of writing is evaluated. If it meets our basic criteria it is sent on to our extensive list of mainstream media editors. All pieces that are sent out are published at least in three media outlets around the country. We primarily place commentary/analysis in US media, but certainly welcome offerings from peace educators from all over the world. Our focus is on US media because the US has the largest and most dispersed military in the world. Thus, our target audience ultimately is the US voter via mainstream media content.
Our criteria for PeaceVoice editorial/commentary/analysis:
1. promote peace and justice by peaceable means
2. be written well and persuasively
3. be 'translated' from jargon to accessible and mainstream
4. be in the 400-1,200 word range
Also, please join your voice to the growing number of public peace and justice intellectuals.
If you are willing to join our list of topical experts who will be listed on our website as available to editors and electronic media producers, please answer the following questions in order to keep our database up-to-date.
- Short bio (3-4 lines)
- Name of your organization/group
- Current country and state of residence
- Current job
- Years of professional expertise
- Areas/Fields of research/expertise
- Selected publications, if any
- Link to CV, if any
- Video clips, if any (links)
Please send your email to paloma.ayala (at) peacevoice.info