Offer: Job: Program Officer, UN Foundation, Adolescent Girls (NOW EXPIRED)
The Program Officer, Adolescent Girls will work as part of the Women and Population team to oversee grant making to support the work of the UN and NGOs to improve adolescent girls’ lives worldwide. S/he will develop and implement grant making criteria, work closely with UN and NGO partners to develop proposals for programs and initiatives for possible UN Foundation support, perform due diligence prior to grant making, and perform and/or ensure rigorous monitoring and evaluation on all grants. S/he also will contribute to partnership development to fuel the adolescent girl portfolio and ensure appropriate documentation of outcomes from programs and projects supported by the UN Foundation, working closely with other staff to effectively “tell the story” of country-level programs to improve outcomes for and policies impacting marginalized adolescent girls.
The Program Officer, Adolescent Girls reports to the Director, Women and Population. The Program Officer also works closely with UNF’s cross-departmental Girl Team, as well as other staff in UNF’s Partnership Development, Finance and Grants, and Public Affairs teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and Implement Overall Adolescent Girl Strategy; Grant Making Criteria; Solicit, Coordinate, Monitor, and Evaluate the Girl Portfolio:
• Work with Director, Women and Population, to develop and implement the overall UN Foundation adolescent girl strategy and approach.
• Develop, implement, and periodically review and revise grant making criteria.
• Collaborate closely with UN colleagues, particularly the Global Coordinator of the Adolescent Girls Task Force (AGTF) and the co-chairs of the AGTF, to support the UN’s best work to directly benefit adolescent girls.
• Solicit proposals from appropriate NGOs to support a bold network of Global South advocates working on behalf of adolescent girls in focus countries. Monitor work of advocates and advocacy organizations such that each develops metrics, both process and outcomes.
• Ensure optimal allocation of resources, proper documentation, tracking, and monitoring of all grants in collaboration with other relevant grants administration, finance, and development staff.
• Conduct field site visits for assessment of project potential, monitoring, and evaluation. Document findings for public affairs and other purposes.
• Work closely with grantees and other stakeholders to ensure effective and successful project implementation, including developing and modifying strategies to effectively utilize available resources while fulfilling program goals, facilitating interagency collaboration, and supporting the sustainability and scale of the UN Foundation’s adolescent girl portfolio investments.
• Ensure rigorous monitoring and evaluation of all grants through direct undertaking of M&E, inclusion of rigorous M&E component in grant agreements and/or recruiting and supervision of an appropriate consultant.
External Partnership Development and Resource Mobilization
• Assist the Girl Up, Global Partnership and Development teams with the design of project partnerships to provide strategically and technically sound collaboration with external and UN partners, as well as to enhance realization of the UN Foundation’s goals and grant making criteria.
• Contribute to development of concept notes, proposals, and fundraising appeals to increase resources for the UN Foundation’s adolescent girl portfolio.
Telling the Story – Public Affairs and Resource Mobilization
• Work closely with the Women and Population, Girl Up and Public Affairs teams to provide accurate and timely substantive information for use in reports, briefings, and partnership development.
• Coordinate messages and information related to in-country programs and other programmatic content with the Girl Up and Public Affairs team.
• Assist the Girl Up and Public Affairs team in developing on- and off-line strategies and initiatives that highlight the work of the UN Foundation and of our partners to improve the lvies of adolescent girls.
• Assist in gathering content from grantees and UN partners and coordinate with the Girl Up and Public Affairs teams as needed to ensure that content is leveraged for UN Foundation story telling and resource mobilization.
(For a full description and to apply visit this page)