Offer: Apply now for Five week program "TechWomen" for women in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia or Yemen
To apply for the 2012 TechWomen program,
Please visit www.TechWomen.org.
Application Deadline:- February 15, 2012
Harnessing the power of business, technology and innovation, TechWomen brings emerging women leaders in technology sectors from the Middle East and North Africa together with their American counterparts for a professional mentorship and exchange program at leading companies in the United States.
Pairing Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s vision of “smart power diplomacy” with “21st Century Statecraft,” TechWomen works to empower women and girls through technology. It connects and supports the next generation of women in technology sectors by providing them the access and opportunity needed to pursue careers in technology. Under Secretary Clinton’s leadership, the United States has engaged in “smart power diplomacy,” thereby utilizing every asset at the United States’ disposal to create opportunities for greater understanding.
An applicant must:
• Be a woman with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in technology sectors and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills
• Have, at minimum, a university degree
• Be proficient in written and spoken English
• Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
• Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia or Yemen at the time of application, and while participating in the program
• Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
• Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
• Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who:
• Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in technology
• Have an advanced degree, especially in a technical field
• Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
• Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities
Please visit www.TechWomen.org for more information and to get access to the online application form before the deadline February 15, 2012. Please also see attached for more information.