Offer: Post Doctoral Fellowship from Omidyar Network-DEADLINE 1ST NOVEMBER-STUDENTS FROM ANY COUNTRY
Apply for the Omidyar Fellowship
The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute offers you:
- unparalleled intellectual freedom
- transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
- up to three years in residence in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- competitive salary and generous benefits
- discretionary research and collaboration funds
- individualized mentorship and preparation for your next leadership role
- an intimate, creative work environment with an expansive sky
The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute is unique among postdoctoral appointments. The Institute has no formal programs or departments. Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical and/or computational in nature, although some research includes an empirical component. SFI averages 15 resident faculty, 95 external faculty, and 250 visitors per year. SFI's research themes and interests of its faculty and current fellows can be found at http://www.santafe.edu/research.
- a Ph.D. in any discipline (or expected Ph.D. by September 2012)
- computational and quantitative skills
- an exemplary academic record
- a proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
- evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms
Applications are welcome from:
- candidates from any country
- candidates from any discipline
- women and minorities are encouraged to apply
SFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates must submit the following:
Curriculum vitae (including publications list).
Statement of research interests (max. 2 pages) including a short description of the research you would like to pursue and why.
Description of interest in SFI (max. 1 page) that describes your potential contribution to the SFI community and also explains the potential impact of SFI on your research. Consider addressing one or more of the following: What kind of input from other fields would most improve your future research? What type of multidisciplinary workshop might you want to organize during your Fellowship? What aspects of your present or future research are difficult to pursue in a traditional academic environment?
Three letters of recommendation from scholars who know your work. (The letters should be sent independent of the application. When you complete the online application, please be prepared to provide e-mail addresses of the three individuals who will recommend you. SFI will contact them directly with instructions for submitting letters.)
(Optional) A copy of one paper you have written in English, either published or unpublished.
We are now accepting applications for the Omidyar Fellowship. To begin the online application click HERE.
All application materials, including 3 letters of recommendation, must be submitted by 1 November 2011. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We ONLY accept online applications via the online application site. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please contact email@example.com
Inquiries: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute is made possible by a generous gift from Pam and Pierre Omidyar