Need: Service Women's Action Network (SWAN) seeks sexual assault testimonies
Service Women's Action Network (SWAN) is working with legislators to ensure that the military will never again be able to get rid of sexual assault survivors as if they are dead weight. But SWAN needs your help. It would be appreciated if you would be so kind as to forward the following questions to your networks, so that the cases of negligence can be properly examined and identified.
1. Are you a veteran who suffered a sexual assault while in the military and was subsequently diagnosed with a Personality Disorder by military medical personnel and discharged because of it?
2. Do you consider your diagnosis itself to be a form of retaliation related to your sexual assault?
3. Have you been denied VA benefits because of this diagnosis?
4. Have you unsuccessfully attempted to have this diagnosis changed or removed from your records by consulting with another military doctor, a VA doctor, or a private mental health provider?
5. Have you successfully had the diagnosis removed from your records and still had your disability claim denied by the VA even though you have another diagnosis (such as PTSD) that is related to military sexual assault?
If you answered YES to the first question AND any subsequent questions, please contact email@example.com with your story.